Before joining the Bar in 2008, Tristan practised at Mallesons Stephen Jaques in its Dispute Resolution group and prior to that at Minter Ellison in its Construction, Dispute Resolution and Media, Communication & Technology groups. As a solicitor, Tristan acted in a wide range of disputes including: commercial, construction and defamation litigation in the Supreme Court of Victoria; telecommunications arbitrations before the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission; applications to the Federal Court of Australia for judicial review; and appeals to the High Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Victoria Court of Appeal.
Tristan has significant experience in large commercial and construction disputes as junior counsel and prior to that as a solicitor. Tristan also acts regularly in professional negligence disputes, including acting on behalf of barristers, solicitors, builders, building owners, building surveyors, architects, engineers and real estate agents.
- Oakmont Properties Pty Ltd v Duan Lan Zhang & Anor  VSC 568
- Oakmont Properties Pty Ltd v Zhang (Building and Property)  VCAT 92
- O'Keeffe v Toop & Ors  VSC 421
- Ozaltay & Anor v Atilla & Anor (No 2)  VSC 764
- Johns Lyng Commercial Builders Pty Ltd v Carrington International Pty Ltd (Building and Property)  VCAT 1821
- Rees v Rees  VSC 452
- Melina Sehr v Best Hooper Ltd  VMC 32
- Metricon Homes Pty Ltd v Hooper  VSC 12
- Hooper v Metricon Homes Pty Ltd  VCAT 277
- Clarendon Homes Vic Pty Ltd v Zalega  VCAT 1202
- Sivritas v Sivritas & Anor  VSC 374
- DPP v Williams  VSC 360