Paul specialises in large-scale, complex personal injury claims for both plaintiffs and defendants.
Paul has in-depth experience in medical negligence. He also appears, led and unled, in public liability, product liability, and industrial accident matters, as well as inquests and professional disciplinary matters.
Some recent matters in which Paul has appeared are:
- Zengin v Insurance Commission of Western Australia  VSCA 80 &  VSC 237 (with J Ruskin QC)
- Behan v Melbourne Health  VCC 44 (unled)
- Lahanis v Medical Board of Australia  VCAT 440 (unled)
- Inquest into the death of Robena Lloyd (2021) (for Eastern Health, unled)
- Tsangaris v Dr Fung & Ors  VCC 427
- Qayom v Kylamanda Investments Pty Ltd  VCC 1675 (with J Mighell QC)
- Inquest into the death of Sonia Sofianopoulos (gas heater death) (2018) (for family, unled)
Paul has broad practical experience in insurance law, including litigated disputes on indemnity, double insurance, fraud / non-disclosure and subrogated recovery issues for Australian and London insurers and intermediaries.
Before coming to the bar, Paul spent five years as a senior associate at DLA Piper, acting in large-scale, multi-defendant personal injury litigation.
He is a member of the Common Law Bar Association, the Bar's CPD Committee and Commercial Bar’s Insurance & Professional Negligence section. He is recommended by Doyle's Guide in the area of insurance / professional indemnity (2019 & 2020). Paul writes and presents frequently on the common law and medical negligence.
From 27 Oct 2016, liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.