Georgie Coleman practises in commercial law, regulatory law, and public law and inquiries. Representative appearances are set out below. Georgie is also a director of the Victorian Bar Foundation, the Bar's charitable trust.
Before the Bar, Georgie was a Senior Associate at Minter Ellison in the Commercial Disputes group, and the associate to Justice Dodds-Streeton at the Federal Court of Australia.
· Clark v National Australia Bank Limited, Reilly v ANZ Banking Group Ltd , Fordham v Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Kemp v Westpac Banking Corporation (FCA, consumer credit insurance class actions, see eg: (2019) 136 ACSR 329,  FCA 652,  FCA 436,  FCA 437,  FCA 1502) – led by Oren Bigos SC;
· Hall v Arnold Bloch Leibler (a firm) (FCA, shareholder class action against Slater & Gordon Ltd's advisors, ongoing, see eg  FCA 1495) – led by Peter Wood and Nicholas Bender;
· the class action and other proceedings arising from the collapse of Banksia Securities Limited (in liq) (VSC 2017; settled) (for the third party Harwood Andrews) – led by Paul Santamaria QC.
· Royal Commission into the Casino Operator and Licence (for the State of Victoria) – led by Peter Gray QC, with Helen Tiplady and Glyn Ayres;
· Royal Commission into the Management of Police Informants (for Simon Overland) – led by Jeff Gleeson QC;
· Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry (for ASIC) – led by Peter Collinson QC;
· Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption (for Cbus) – led by Alan Archibald QC and Philip Crutchfield QC.
Regulatory law and white collar crime
· R v Dougas (NSWSC, conspiracy to bribe a foreign public official) – led by Neil Clelland QC;
· Tsvetnenko v United States of America  FCA 206 (extradition) – led by Anthony Young QC;
· Australian Competition and Consumer Commission v Coles Supermarkets Pty Ltd  FCA 1405 (unconscionable conduct) – led by Norman O’Bryan SC, Rowena Orr QC and Michael Hodge;
· ASIC investigations and examinations – unled, as well as led respectively by Neil Clelland QC and Philip Crutchfield QC.
· Seketa v Gadens Lawyers & ors  VSC 245 (waiver of legal privilege, unled);
· Lochard Energy (Iona Operations Holding) Pty Ltd & ors v EnergyAustralia Investments Pty Ltd & ors (VSC, settled, misleading or deceptive conduct, breach of warranties in sale of business, see eg:  VSC 539) – led by Neil Young QC, Matt Collins QC and Paul Liondas;
· Arnold Bloch Leibler (a firm) v Slater & Gordon Limited (proceeding relating to waiver of confidentiality/legal professional privilege)  FCA 1496 - led by Nicholas Bender;
· Guy v Crown Melbourne Limited (2018) 355 ALR 420 (misleading or deceptive conduct, unconscionable conduct) – led by Neil Young QC and Nick Hopkins QC;
· ZooSkyMedia Pty Ltd & ors v Australia Zoo Productions Pty Ltd (VSC 2017; settled at trial) – led by Jeff Gleeson QC;
· McEvoy, in the matter of Careers Australia Group Limited (admin appt)  FCA 598 (unled);
· Rabobank Australia Ltd & ors v Littore & ors (VSC 2016; secured creditors' enforcement of securities; settled at trial) – led by Nick Hopkins QC, with Mark Costello;
· Innovateq Australia Pty Ltd & anor v Barnes & ors  VSC 618 (unled);
· Sports tribunals, including as a tribunal member and as Counsel Assisting the tribunal, for Wrestling Australia and the Australian Football League.
From 01 May 2014, liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.