Georgia has substantial trial and interlocutory experience across a broad range of practice areas with a focus on commercial, corporations, property and common law matters. She appears regularly in all courts and tribunals (both as junior counsel and unled).
Before coming to the Bar, Georgia was the Senior Associate to the Honourable Justice Kennedy.
Georgia read with Kate Anderson and her senior mentor is the Honourable Justice Peter Riordan.
Georgia is also a member of the Executive Committee of the Commercial Bar Association.
Example list of cases:
- Break Fast Investments v Rigby Cooke  VSC 398: Equity - proceedings involving alleged conflict of interest and knowing receipt of trust funds (led by S Horgan QC)
- Bolitho & Anor v Banksia Securities Limited & Ors (No 15)  VSC 725; Bolitho v Banksia Securities Limited (No 16)  VSC 9; Bolitho & Anor v Banksia Securities Ltd & Ors (No 17)  VSC 132: proceeding involving contested class action approval application (led by C Juebner)
- Alliance Developments Pty Ltd v Arbab and Anor  VSC 832: Costs - Application for indemnity costs against caveator and solicitor who lodged disputed caveats (unled)
- Spralja v Bullards & Ors (No 2)  VCC 1799: Professional negligence against a solicitor and barristers - Quantum of damages (unled)
- Bentley Capital Limited v Keybridge Capital Limited  FCA 1675: Corporations - deadlock of board of directors (led by A T Broadfoot QC)
- In the matter of TM Fresh Pty Ltd  VSC 383: Winding up and oppression proceeding (unled)
- Proceedings involving review of decision to ban applicant from providing financial services (Administrative Appeals Tribunal)
- Giurina v Deak & Ors (No 2)  VSC 237: Security for costs of appeal (unled)
- Block v Powercor Australia Ltd  VSC 15: Group proceedings - summary judgment (led by T Tobin SC)
- Hawker v Powercor Australia Ltd  VSC 661: Group proceedings - Interlocutory application - communications to class members (led by T Tobin SC)
- Lenehan v Powercor Australia Ltd  VSC 579: Group proceedings - Interlocutory application relating to correspondence with class members (led by M Thompson QC)
- Proceedings involving equitable estoppel, breach of contract and misrepresentation in relation to commercial milk supply agreement (Supreme Court of Victoria, led by D Denton QC)
- Fuji Xerox Australia Pty Ltd v Documents on Call Pty Ltd  NSWSC 1862: Application pursuant to s 5(2) of the the Jurisdiction of Courts (Cross-Vesting) Act 1987 (NSW) that proceedings be transferred to the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Spralja v Bullards & Ors  VCC 437: Professional negligence against a solicitor and barristers (unled)
- Giurina v Deak & Ors  VSC 409: Summary Judgment of application for leave to appeal decision of the VCAT (Supreme Court of Victoria, unled)
- Proceedings for breach of directors’ duties under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (Supreme Court of Victoria, led by Dr A Hanak QC, resolved during hearing)
- Proceedings for the removal of a restrictive covenant over land (Supreme Court of Victoria, unled, application granted, 2018)
- NZX Ltd v Ralec Interactive & Ors  NZHC 2742: Misleading and deceptive conduct and breach of contract (High Court of New Zealand, led by T North QC)
- Re Line Accord Pty Ltd  VSC 203: Loan agreement, guarantee and indemnity (Supreme Court of Victoria, led by L Glick QC)
- Kapila, in the matter of Edelsten  FCA 1112: Cross Border Insolvency (Federal Court of Australia, unled)