Georgia accepts briefs in a broad range of commercial, banking, property and common law matters.
Georgia appears regularly in all State and Federal courts and tribunals in hearings, interlocutory applications and mediations.
Before coming to the Bar, Georgia was the Senior Associate to the Honourable Justice Kennedy.
Georgia read with Kate Anderson and her senior mentor is the Honourable Justice Peter Riordan.
Georgia is a member of the Executive Committee of the Commercial Bar Association. She is also the Assistant Convenor of the Women Barristers Association.
Example list of cases:
- Spralja v Bullards & Ors (No 2)  VCC 1799:
Professional negligence against a solicitor and barristers - Quantum of damages (unled)
- Bentley Capital Limited v Keybridge Capital Limited  FCA 1675:
Corporations - deadlock of board of directors (led by A T Broadfoot QC)
- In the matter of TM Fresh Pty Ltd  VSC 383:
Winding up and oppression proceeding (unled)
- Proceedings involving review of decision to ban applicant from providing financial services (Administrative Appeals Tribunal)
- Giurina v Deak & Ors (No 2)  VSC 237:
Security for costs of appeal (unled)
- Block v Powercor Australia Ltd  VSC 15:
Group proceedings - summary judgment (led by T Tobin SC)
- Proceedings involving misleading and deceptive conduct and breach of contract in relation to commercial printing / hire-purchase agreements (Supreme
Court of New South Wales, unled)
- Hawker v Powercor Australia Ltd  VSC 661:
Group proceedings - Interlocutory application - communications to class members (led by T Tobin SC)
- Lenehan v Powercor Australia Ltd  VSC 579:
Group proceedings - Interlocutory application relating to correspondence with class members (led by M Thompson QC)
- Proceedings involving equitable estoppel, breach of contract and misrepresentation in relation to commercial milk supply agreement (Supreme Court
of Victoria, led by D Denton QC)
- Spralja v Bullards & Ors  VCC 437:
Professional negligence a sgainst a solicitor and barristers (unled)
- Giurina v Deak & Ors  VSC 409:
Summary Judgment of application for leave to appeal decision of the VCAT (Supreme Court of Victoria, unled)
- Proceedings for breach of directorsâ€™ duties under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (Supreme Court of Victoria, led by Dr A Hanak QC, resolved during
- Proceedings for the removal of a restrictive covenant over land (Supreme Court of Victoria, unled, application granted, 2018)
- NZX Ltd v Ralec Interactive & Ors  NZHC 2742: Misleading
and deceptive conduct and breach of contract (High Court of New Zealand, led by T North QC)
- Re Line Accord Pty Ltd  VSC 203:
Loan agreement, guarantee and indemnity (Supreme Court of Victoria, led by L Glick QC)
- Kapila, in the matter of Edelsten  FCA 1112:
Cross Border Insolvency (Federal Court of Australia, unled)