Chris practises mainly in commercial law and public law. He has advised and appeared on behalf of corporations, government bodies and individuals in a range of courts and tribunals.
Matters in which Chris has acted include:
- Acting for the tenant in a proceeding in the Supreme Court of Victoria concerning the exercise of an option to renew a commercial lease: Omar Property Pty Ltd & Ors v Amcor Flexibles (Port Melbourne) Pty Ltd  VSC 216 and 17;  VSC 446 and 627, led by David Collins QC and Louie Hawas, instructed by Baker McKenzie
- Acting for unitholders of a managed investment trust in a proceeding in the Supreme Court of Victoria concerning the calculation of fees payable to the trustee: Laguna Bay Pastoral Company Pty Ltd as trustee for the Adveq Almond Trust 2 v Schroder Adveq Real Assets Harvested Resources LP & Ors (2020), led by Ian Waller QC and Tomaso Di Lallo, instructed by Baker McKenzie (settled)
- Acting for teachers in Federal Court proceedings under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth) (2020–), led by Jonathan Kirkwood and Fiona Knowles, instructed by Holding Redlich
- Acting for an employer in an enterprise agreement approval application: Karijini Rail Pty Ltd  FWC 2907, led by Stuart Wood QC with Dimitri Ternovski, instructed by S Billing & Associates
- Acting for the respondents to an appeal concerning a default judgment entered in the County Court of Victoria: Yang v Finder Earth Pty Ltd & Anor  VSCA 22, led by Philip Solomon QC, instructed by Canaan Lawyers
- Acting for a statutory authority intervening in a proceeding in the Building and Property list of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal: Zaitsev v Nicholson Wright Pty Ltd (Building and Property)  VCAT 1508, unled, instructed by Allens
- Acting for the respondent to an application in the Review and Regulation list of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal: Draper v Victorian Building Authority (Review and Regulation)  VCAT 1837, unled, instructed by the Victorian Building Authority
- Advising government bodies on matters of court practice and procedure
Before coming to the Bar, Chris worked at the Supreme Court of Victoria as Senior Associate to the Honourable Chief Justice Marilyn Warren AC, and later as Senior Associate to the Honourable Justice Melanie Sloss.
Previously, Chris practised as a solicitor at Allens in the Tax and Intellectual Property practice groups, where he acted in federal and state tax disputes and in patent litigation. He earlier worked at the Federal Court of Australia as Associate to the Honourable Justice Susan Kenny AM.
Chris studied at the University of Melbourne and holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws with Honours. He received a number of academic prizes and graduated second in his LLB cohort. Chris is proficient in French and spent an exchange semester at the Université Jean Moulin Lyon III during his studies. In 2017, he completed a Bachelor of Civil Law at Balliol College, Oxford, for which he took courses in the conflict of laws, constitutional theory, legal philosophy and comparative public law.
Chris is a member of the Victorian Bar's Pro Bono Committee. He read with Jonathan Kirkwood and his senior mentor is Chris Horan QC.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.