Join Dever's List
Applications to join the List should be emailed to the following:
List Secretary: Ben Jellis firstname.lastname@example.org
Barristers' Clerks: John Dever (email@example.com), Phillip Dever
(firstname.lastname@example.org) and Michael Dever (email@example.com)
Please include a resume and covering letter together with any referrals that have been provided to you.
Guidelines for applications to places on Lists can be found here.
As the Barristers Clerk for the List, via Devers List Pty Ltd, the barristers are charged 4% of gross fees received, up to a ceiling of $1.1m.
Devers List Pty Ltd employs 20 staff to assist you;
- Provision of fee entry, also online entry you can use, checking by staff and emailing/post etc of invoices, also receiving of all counsels fee, reporting
in a variety of ways to you and your accountant if required.
- A dedicated staff member whose job it is to make polite enquiries to solicitors regarding unpaid fees, and a solicitor we use will send letters of
demand if needed, for no fee.
- 4 dedicated mail staff members who deliver/collect mail from/for you, and processing outgoing mail either through DX [DX membership is our cost] or
Aust Post/Couriers [your cost]
- 3 full time reception staff to take messages and email these onto you as needed, or if urgent, track you down.
- 4 dedicated Clerks advising solicitors as to your availability, if they ask particularly about you, and moreover marketing you to all who ask for recommendations,
as in the Areas of Expertise you advise are of particular interest/ability.
- Advertising in a variety of places, i.e. the AFR and the LIJ. Also we financially support literally dozens of legal groups, i.e. AILA, Melb Law School,
Monash Law, Castan Centre and many others.
- A variety of contracts with IT providers, Telstra mobile plans, and a number of Legal Research tools. These are payable by counsel however we have
negotiated contracts at a cost that is less than you might pay if you contracted directly with them. With Lexis Nexis particularly we provide a
- Assistance with minor computer issues and questions.
- Many other misc services, we occasionally babysit counsels children if needed!
Finally we are, quite literally, available 24/7 for you.
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003