Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law (Merits & Judicial Review)
- Common Law
- Medical Negligence
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Personal Injuries
- Professional Negligence
Since coming to the Bar Carmelina has predominantly appeared in personal injury related matters. She regularly appears in damages trials, serious injury
applications, review hearings and appeals. Carmelina prepares advice and paperwork in relation to transport accidents, workplace injuries, medical
negligence and public liability matters
Some recent matters and appearances include:
- Appellate work including appearing as junior counsel in Abbas v Transport Accident Commission  VSCA 217, Philippiadis v Transport Accident
Commission  VSCA 1 and FFF v BBB  VSCA 156.
- Trial work including appearing as junior counsel in Dertien v Coles (jury, public liability proceeding, 2016), Victorian Workcover Authority v
Monash University  VSC 178 (recovery proceeding), Noble v Fraraccio (jury, transport accident proceeding, 2016), Zheng v Aitken (jury,
transport accident proceeding, 2016), East v AMWA Pty Ltd & Ors (Supreme Court multi party proceeding, 2016) and Collins v Staminirovitch
(jury, transport accident proceeding, 2017).
- Appearances alone in serious injury applications, eg Felli v Transport Accident Commission  VCC 1913, Djemil v M & A Polimeni Pty Ltd
 VCC 70 and De Macedo v Downer EDI Works Pty Ltd  VCC 585.
- Appearances in Magistrate Court proceedings, eg Milunovic v Logical Industrial  VMC 8.
- Appearances in VCAT proceedings including Bonnett v Transport Accident Commission  VCAT 1536, Russi v Transport Accident Commission 
VCAT 933, Nicastro v Transport Accident Commission  VCAT 2046, Tomar v Transport Accident Commission  VCAT 1598 and Nunn v Transport
Accident Commission  VCAT 2025.
Prior to coming to the Bar Carmelina was a Senior Solicitor at the Transport Accident Commission.
From 23 Oct 2014, liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation
Back to List | Print Page
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003