Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property
- Trade Practices
Before coming to the Bar, Banjo was a Senior Associate at Allens Arthur Robinson and the Associate to the Honourable Justice Middleton of the Federal Court
of Australia. He graduated from the University of Adelaide with degrees in Law (with Honours) and Science, and undertook a year of his law degree in
French at the Universite de Poitiers in France.
Banjo practises in commercial litigation, with particular focus on corporations law, trade practices, contract and intellectual property.
Significant matters include the following:
- Acting for Bank of Queensland in the Financial Services (Banking) Royal Commission.
- Aftermarket Network Australia Pty Ltd v Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s  FCA 1402
- Mentha, in the matter of Arrium Limited (administrators appointed)  FCA 1357
- State Street Australia Ltd v Retirement Villages Group Management Pty Ltd  FCA 675
- Re Banksia Securities Ltd (in liq) (recs and mgrs apptd)  NSWSC 357
- Re Donnelly and Ors (in their capacities as joint and several administrators of Carpenter International Pty Ltd (ACN 165 690 657) (admins apptd)) -
(2016) 111 ACSR 477;  VSC 118
- Lanka Graphite Limited (formerly Viculus Limited)  FCA 798
- ASIC v Mariner Corporation Limited  FCA 589
- Vaughan Super Pty Ltd v Becton Property Group Limited  FCA 581 (successful application to strike out Federal Court claim in entirety, led by
Peter Jopling AM QC)
- Banksia proceedings (acting for Banksia’s receivers in proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria, led by Philip Crutchfield SC and Jonathon Redwood)
- ASIC v Centro Directors (Civil Penalty Proceeding in the Federal Court, led by Alan Archibald QC and Philip Crutchfield SC)
- Centro Class Action (Federal Court, led by Philip Crutchfield SC for the former non-executive directors of Centro)
- Fairlight.au Pty Ltd v Peter Vogel Instruments Pty Ltd (trade mark, copyright and contract claim in Federal Court, led by Andrew Panna SC)
- Rod Investments (Vic) Pty Ltd v Adam Clark & Ors (Media World Shareholder Class Action in the Supreme Court, led by Bernie Quinn SC)
- Keller v LED Technologies Pty Ltd (No 2) (Full Federal Court, led by Peter Riordan SC)
From 19/11/2009, Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
Back to List | Print Page
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003