Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law (Judicial Review)
- Administrative Law (Merits Review)
- Commercial Law
- Common Law
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporations Law
- Professional Negligence
- Regulatory Tribunals
- Trade Practices
Brooke appears in, and advises on, trials in all Victorian and Federal Courts, the Administrative Appeal Tribunal, Victorian Civil and Administrative
Tribunal and internal hearings of government agencies.
Brooke has experience at the Bar in the following areas:
- Commercial disputes including contract claims, consumer law, trade practices, competition, corporation law, banking, torts, equity and contempt
- Common law, with a particular focus on personal injury (for both plaintiffs and defendants);
- Administrative law including merits and judicial review, disciplinary proceedings and acting as counsel assisting.
Brooke read with Dr Timothy McEvoy and her senior mentor is Michael Wheelahan QC (now The Hon. Justice Wheelahan).
Brooke came to the Bar in 2015, having previously worked as a solicitor at:
- Logie-Smith Lanyon, undertaking a broad range of commercial disputes;
- Freshfields Brukhaus Derringer LLP (London), undertaking complex multijurisdictional commercial litigation and regulatory compliance work;
- Victorian Government Solicitor's Office, acting for the State of Victoria in a major negligence class action in the Supreme Court - Regent Holdings Pty Ltd v State of Victoria 
VSC 601; and
- Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation, acting as counsel assisting at internal hearings, providing advice on statutory interpretation
and administrative decision making and appearing in prosecutions.
Back to List | Print Page
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003