Deborah primarily practises in:
- Crimes (Mental Impairment and Unfitness to be Tried) Act 1996 matters;
- VCAT hearings for appeals under the Mental Health Act 1986;
- medical negligence proceedings;
- personal injuries including public liability;
- mental health matters including:
- Guardianship and Administration Act 1986 proceedings;
- production of medical/health records in criminal proceedings;
- health records disputes under State and Commonwealth legislation;
- health professional disciplinary matters;
- employment law
- privacy law
- family law
Before coming to the Bar, Deborah practiced as Corporate Counsel in a metropolitan public health service with a large mental health service for 6 years. She was also appointed the legal member on the Dental Practice Board of Victoria from 2005 to 2009 and chaired formal hearings on behalf of the Board between 2005 and 2008.
She was also involved as an in-house solicitor in advising on public health legislation relating to food, drug and poisons administration, infertility treatment and health practitioner legislation relating to doctors, nurses and pharmacists.
Back to List | Print Page
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003