Georgie Coleman practises in commercial law (including class actions), regulatory law and white collar crime, and public law and inquries. Prior
to the Bar, Georgie was a Senior Associate at Minter Ellison in the Commercial Disputes group, and the associate to Justice Dodds-Streeton
at the Federal Court of Australia in 2010-11.
Matters since coming to the Bar include:
- Clark v National Australia Bank Limited & anor (FCA, class action, ongoing) (unconscionable conduct in the sale of consumer credit
insurance) – led by Oren Bigos;
- Lochard Energy (Iona Operations Holding) Pty Ltd & ors v EnergyAustralia Investments Pty Ltd & ors (VSC, ongoing, see eg:
 VSC 539) (misleading or deceptive conduct
and breach of warranties) – led by Neil Young QC, Matt Collins QC and Paul Liondas;
- Guy v Crown Melbourne Limited  FCA 36 (misleading or deceptive conduct and unconscionable conduct) – led by Neil Young QC and Nick Hopkins QC;
- ZooSkyMedia Pty Ltd & ors v Australia Zoo Productions Pty Ltd (VSC 2017; breach of joint venture agreement; settled at trial)
– led by Jeff Gleeson QC;
- the class action and other proceedings arising from the collapse of Banksia Securities Limited (in liq) (VSC 2017; professional negligence
claims; settled) – led by Paul Santamaria QC;
- Bullhead Pty Ltd v Brickmakers Place Pty Ltd (in liq) & ors  VSC 206 (breach
of trust, accessorial liability) – led by Will Houghton QC;
- McEvoy, in the matter of Careers Australia Group Limited (admin appt)  FCA 598 (Corporations Act s 447A application);
- Rabobank Australia Ltd & ors v Littore & ors (VSC 2016; breach of securities; settled during trial) – led by Nick Hopkins
QC, with Mark Costello;
- Innovateq Australia Pty Ltd & anor v Barnes & ors  VSC 618 (summary judgment);
- Lloyd's Syndicate 4040 v Tasman Group & ors (VSC 2015; fraudulent non-disclosure by insured; settled during trial) – led by Jim
- United Airport Parking Pty Ltd v TMA Tech Pty Ltd  VSC 343 (injunction, contractual dispute) – led by Stewart Anderson QC;
Regulatory law and white collar crime
- Ongoing NSW criminal proceedings (conspiracy to bribe a foreign public official) – led by Neil Clelland QC;
- Tsvetnenko v United States of America  FCA 206 (extradition) – led by Anthony Young QC;
- ASIC investigations – unled, as well as led respectively by Neil Clelland QC and Philip Crutchfield QC;
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission v Coles Supermarkets Pty Ltd  FCA 1405 (unconscionable conduct) – led by Norman O’Bryan SC, Rowena Orr QC and Michael Hodge;
Public law, inquiries and tribunals
- Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry (for ASIC) – led by Peter Collinson QC;
- Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption (for Cbus) – led by Alan Archibald QC and Philip Crutchfield QC;
- Sports tribunals, including as a tribunal member and as Counsel Assisting the tribunal, for Wrestling Australia and the Australian Football
- Statutory interpretation advice with then Solicitor-General of Victoria, Richard Niall QC.
From 01 May 2014, liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Back to List | Print Page
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003