Areas of Practice
Equity & trusts
Land valuation & compensation
Commissions & inquiries
Corporate/white collar crime
Roxanne has a broad commercial, public and regulatory law practice.
Since coming to the Bar, Roxanne has been briefed to act for and advise government departments and agencies, corporations and corporate clients, and individuals.
She has worked on a range of matters involving contractual disputes, corporations law, banking and finance, equity and trusts, compulsory acquisition,
and fraud/white collar crime. She also has experience in Royal Commissions (as both junior counsel and as a solicitor).
Roxanne’s current and recent matters include:
- acting for the National Australia Bank in the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry (led
by Wendy Harris QC)
- acting in a class action settlement approval proceeding (led by Robert Craig SC)
- acting for landowners within a commercial and residential development in a longstanding multi-party dispute (led by John Karkar QC and Emma Peppler)
- acting for the plaintiffs in a case concerning allegations of forgery, the misappropriation of funds and breach of mandate (led by Robert Craig SC)
- acting for the trustee of a self-managed superannuation fund in a claim for breach of contract and misleading or deceptive conduct (led by Jonathon
- acting for and advising the Department of Transport in various compensation claims under the Planning and Environment Act and the Land Acquisition and Compensation Act - see for example Plunkett v Roads Corporation  VSC 39 (led by Sandro Goubran)
- acting for the Victorian Electoral Commission in challenges to a State election (led by Simona Gory) and a local government election (led by Liam Brown)
- advice regarding legal professional privilege claims
- practice and procedure: acting in various interlocutory applications, including obtaining a freezing order, preliminary discovery, subpoenas,
amendments to pleadings, and costs (both led and unled).
Before coming to the Bar, Roxanne worked as a Senior Associate at Holding Redlich where she practised in litigation for more than six years.
Roxanne holds a Bachelor of Arts (French) and a Bachelor of Laws with honours from the University of Melbourne where she was awarded a number of academic
prizes. She has presented on topics including regulatory law and inquiries, the preparation of evidence, and privilege.
Roxanne read with Robert Craig SC.
From 27 October 2017, liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Back to List | Print Page
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003