Victoria practices in a broad range of civil and commercial matters.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Victoria completed her graduate training at DLA Piper and practiced as a solicitor in their Litigation and Dispute Resolution
group, predominately in professional indemnity and commercial matters.
In this role, Victoria acted for a range of professionals including accountants, financial planners, valuers, real estate agents, liquidators, receivers
and members of various medical professions on instructions from a number of professional indemnity insurers. She has also acted in a range of
large commercial matters involving claims for breach of contract and actions arising out of the Australian Consumer Law. Further, Victoria has
experience acting in disciplinary matters against health professionals.
In addition to having completed her Bachelor of Law (Hons), Victoria is currently undertaking a Masters of Law at Monash University.
Victoria read with Anthony Strahan and Michael Rush. Her senior mentor was the Honourable Justice Peter Riordan.
Examples of recent matters:
- The Lacrosse Apartment litigation relating to the installation of external cladding (ongoing). Represented the building surveyor (led by Jonathan
- Acting for the plaintiff in a claim in the Supreme Court of Victoria concerning the collapse of a crane during construction of a shopping complex
(led by David Collins QC).
- Various oppression proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria, the Federal Court and in a private arbitration (led by Neil Young QC and Philip
- Various commercial disputes relating to property development ventures with claims made in contract, equity and pursuant to the Australian Consumer
Law (both led and unled);
- Dispute relating to transfers of funds between family members in the County Court of Victoria (unled).
- Dispute relating to the application of the Insurance Contracts Act and claims for indemnity under a public liability policy commenced
against an insurer, broker and solicitor (led by Michael Thompson QC).
- Acting in claims made against architects (both led and unled).
- Seven Creeks Equine Veterinary Clinic Pty Ltd v Brooks (Civil Claims)  VCAT 1301. Appearing for the plaintiff in a contractual
dispute about equine IVF services (unled).
- UIZ v BUC (Human Rights)  VCAT 572.Breach of privacy complaint in the Human Rights division of VCAT (unled).
- Security for costs applications including Citius Property Pty Ltd v Logos Australia Group Pty Ltd  VSC 74 (unled) and Coonwarra Pty Ltd v Cornonero Pty Ltd  VSC 333 (unled).
- Applications for freezing orders in the Supreme Court of Victoria (both led and unled).
From 1st May 2014, liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Back to List | Print Page
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003