Georgia accepts briefs in a broad range of commercial, banking, property and common law matters.
Georgia appears regularly in all State and Federal courts and tribunals in hearings, interlocutory applications and mediations.
Before coming to the Bar, Georgia was the Senior Associate to the Honourable Justice Kennedy.
Georgia read with Kate Anderson and her senior mentor is the Honourable Justice Peter Riordan.
Georgia is the Deputy Honorary Secretary of the Commercial Bar Association.
She is also a member of the Victorian Bar Pro Bono Committee and the Women Barristers Association Committee.
Example of list of cases:
- In the matter of TM Fresh Pty Ltd VSC 383:
Winding up and oppression proceeding (unled)
- Proceedings involving review of decision to ban applicant from providing financial services (Administrative Appeals Tribunal)
- Giurina v Deak & Ors (No 2)  VSC 237:
Security for costs of appeal (unled)
- Block v Powercor Australia Ltd VSC 15:
Group proceedings - summary judgment (led by T Tobin SC)
- Proceedings misleading and deceptive conduct and breach of contract in relation to commercial printing / hire-purchase agreements (Supreme Court
of NSW, unled)
- Hawker v Powercor Australia Ltd VSC 661:
Group proceedings - Interlocutory application - communications to class members (led by T Tobin SC)
- Lenehan v Powercor Australia Ltd VSC 579:
Group proceedings - Interlocutory application relating to correspondence with class members (led by M Thompson QC)
- Proceedings involving equitable estoppel, breach of contract and misrepresentation in relation to commercial milk supply agreement (Supreme Court
of Victoria, led by D Denton QC)
- Spralja v Bullards & Ors VCC 437:
Professional negligence against a solicitor and barristers (unled)
- Giurina v Deak & Ors VSC 409:
Summary Judgment of application for leave to appeal decision of the VCAT (Supreme Court of Victoria, unled)
- Proceedings for breach of directors’ duties under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (Supreme Court of Victoria, led by Dr A Hanak QC, resolved during
- Proceedings for the removal of a restrictive covenant over land (Supreme Court of Victoria, unled, application granted, 2018)
- NZX Ltd v Ralec Interactive & Ors NZHC 2742: Misleading
and deceptive conduct and breach of contract (High Court of New Zealand, led by T North QC)
- Re Line Accord Pty Ltd  VSC 203:
Loan agreement, guarantee and indemnity (Supreme Court of Victoria, led by L Glick QC)
- Kapila, in the matter of Edelsten FCA 1112: Cross Border Insolvency (Federal Court
of Australia, unled)
Back to List | Print Page
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003