ATTIWILL, Richard H.M. QC
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Freedom of Information
- Professional Negligence
- Trade Practices
Richard came to the Bar in 1996 and took silk in 2013.
He has extensive experience in complex litigation concerning many aspects of the law including commercial, civil, administrative, industrial and common
Richard has acted for clients in a variety of matters, including:
- misleading and deceptive conduct cases in the Supreme and Federal Courts;
- restraint, breach of confidence and breach of fiduciary/statutory duties proceedings in the Supreme and Federal Courts;
- lease, franchise, insurance and breach of contract proceedings in the Supreme Court and the New South Wales Supreme Court;
- disciplinary actions concerning legal and health care providers;
- industrial and employment proceedings in the Supreme and Federal Courts and the Fair Work Commission;
- common law proceedings, including defamation and personal injury (including transport accident cases and asbestos cases) in the County and Supreme
- class actions and representative actions in the Supreme and Federal Courts; and
- Victorian Parliamentary Inquires and Royal Commissions.
The class actions and representative actions include the:
- Vocation class action (for the applicant);
- AMP class action (for the applicant);
- various employment based class actions (for the applicants);
- Willmott class action (for a firm of solicitors upon the settlement approval);
- Manus Island detainee class action (for a third party);
- Grevillea Youth Justice Precinct (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) representative action (for the State);
- Murrindindi-Marysville bushfire class action (for the plaintiff);
- Bonsoy class action (for a defendant);
- abalone class action (for the plaintiff); and
- Occupy Melbourne representative action (for the Council).
The inquiries and Royal Commissions include the:
- Inquiry into Allegations made against the Auditor General (for the Auditor General);
- Fiskville Inquiry (for a witness);
- Hazelwood Mine Fire Board of Inquiry (for the State);
- Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption (for a union); and
- Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse (for a witness).
Richard is a member of the Dever List Committee.
From 12 Feb 2009, liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Back to List | Print Page
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003