Areas of Practice:
- Administrative Law
- Common Law
- Constitutional Law
- Coronial Inquests
- Disciplinary Tribunals
- Freedom of Information
- Maritime Law
- Medical Negligence
- Mental Health
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Personal Injuries
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Public Law
- Trade Practices
- Transport Accident Act
- Work Cover
Raph has a broad civil practice, with a particular focus on torts, statutory benefits, judicial review, insurance and coronial matters. He has significant
experience appearing in court both led and unled.
He has a strong interest in judicial review, appellate work and public law, particularly where public law issues arise in common law actions.
Recent matters in which he has been briefed include the following:
- an appeal under s.82 of the Coroners Act 2008;
- appeals to the Court of Appeal from serious injury determinations made by the County Court;
- coronial inquests, including as counsel assisting;
- judicial review of Medical Panel opinions;
- various professional liability claims and medical negligence claims;
- claims involving issues of admiralty/maritime law;
- claims involving issues of choice of law;
- claims involving disease and injury arising out of asbestos exposure;
- claims for indemnity pursuant to s.138 of the Accident Compensation Act 1985 together with associated insurance issues;
- various tort claims including false imprisonment, assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence and nuisance;
- claims for benefits under various statutory compensation schemes;
- numerous serious injury applications brought under legislation such as the Accident Compensation Act 1985, Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and
Compensation Act 2013, Transport Accident Act 1986.
From 24 Oct 2013, liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation
Back to List | Print Page
Join Dever's List
Are you interested in joining our list?
Subscribe to CPD Session Announcements.
McPhee Mediation Centre
Excellent facilities in a bright and roomy environment. The McPhee Mediation Centre has been designed to create an environment conducive to obtaining successful
mediation results. Its configuration allows you to bring parties together for mediation and then separate them from private consultation as required.
Phone: 9670 4003